Sometimes even the happiest of people feel ”blue” on occasion. If you’re one of the many people in this world struggling to find your own personal happiness, try reading the 21 ways below I found while reading The Thought Catalogs’ blog. (A link to the article can be found at the end.)
1. It’s true, no one but yourself can make you happy.
2. Before you go on a quest to be happy or to understand why you feel stuck and miserable, make sure all of your basic human needs are being met. All of them.
3. You will never feel full if you feel purposeless; find your purpose.
4. Understand that not everyone will like you, and it has absolutely nothing to do with you.
5. You will get through 100% of the situations you think you can’t.
6. You have to physically choose happiness every single day, with every single circumstance.
7. Being comfortable and being able to thrive in your solitude is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.
8. When you are fully engulfed and content with what you believe, other people and their beliefs have absolutely no effect on your own belief system.
9. You will never be happy by being around people who are unhappy or don’t take care of their own happiness.
10. You are allowed to change as many times as you need. You are entitled to your own transformation.
11. You don’t have to accept and take on other people’s baggage and drama, you can love anyone you need to from afar.
12. Happy people don’t hate.
13. You have to learn how to effectively communicate your needs and boundaries or else you will constantly feel hurt and in disarray.
14. You are not right all of the time.
15. In order to have good people in your life you must also be a good person yourself.
16. Gratitude turns what you have into enough.
17. Your life will never go the way your planned. The happiest people are the ones who know how to travel lightly through life.
18. It’s important to offer your forgiveness often.
19. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do the things that you need to be doing.
20. You have to be able to call out your own flaws or else you will never be able to change them.
21. Offering yourself and others a little extra love will always work for your greater good.
* that last one is like the cherry on a sundae. That is if you like cherries.